Hurt Yourself and The Ones You Love is the title of the new album from Italy’s “notorious purveyors” of black/doom metal, Forgotten Tomb. The band’s highly anticipated eighth studio opus is scheduled for release via Agonia Records, on April 17th in Europe and April 21st in North America. You may view the album artwork below.
The band’s leader, Ferdinando “Herr Morbid” Marchisio, comments:
We kept the sound very organic and natural, kinda old-fashioned but still very fresh. The new songs are heavy as fuck and they feature our classic trademark plus some new elements. I can’t wait for people to listen to it, ’cause it’s a really special album for us and probably the most extreme we did in quite a while, both musically and conceptually
Marchisio also referred to working with producer Terje Refsnes (Carpathian Forest, Novembre, Gehenna, Destroyer 666) for the first time:
We worked really hard, like never before. Terje Refsnes is a really experienced producer and he managed to get the best out of us. We are extremely proud of how this new album came out
Hurt Yourself and The Ones You Love was recorded and mixed in Sound Suite Studios (Marseille, France) with mentioned Terje Refsnes behind the knobs. Brad Boatright of Audiosiege Studio (Corrosion Of Conformity, Nails, Vallenfyre, Beastmilk, High On Fire) took care of the mastering in Portland (Oregon, USA).
The album will be available in:
– digipack CD;
– box CD with jewelcase CD, bullet pendant and armband with band’s logo (limited to 500 numbered copies);
– picture disc (limited to 300 hand-numbered copies);
– transparent white vinyl with red splatter (limited to 150 hand-numbered copies);
– black vinyl;
– digital formats.
Pre-order it via the Agonia Records webshop.
Hurt Yourself and The Ones You Love track list:
1- Soulless Upheaval
2- King Of The Undesirables
3- Bad Dreams Come True
4- Hurt Yourself And The Ones You Love
5- Mislead The Snakes
6- Dread The Sundown
7- Swallow The Void
Ferdinando “Herr Morbid” Marchisio – guitar, vocals
Andrea “A.” Ponzoni – lead guitar
Alessandro “Algol” Comerio – bass
Kyoo Nam “Asher” Rossi – drums
– 14/02/2015 – Midian, Cremona (ITALY)
– 28/02/2015 – Under The Doom Festival, Lisbon (PORTUGAL)
– 14/03/2015 – Comunità Giovanile, Busto Arsizio [Va] (ITALY)
– 03/04/2015 – Doom Over London Festival, London (UK)
– 15/05/2015 – Tapper Club, Tallinn (ESTONIA)
– 16/05/2015 – Melna Piektdiena, Riga (LATVIA)
– 17/05/2015 – Kablys, Vilnius (LITHUANIA)